Skip to main content

Writing about my Graduation Day

Hi everybody. I hope you have a really good time. First of all, I must say that I did deeply miss you guys and I should also apologize for writing after so long. Anyhow, are you all enjoying summer? Its literally boiling here in Karachi, Pakistan but nonetheless lets get back to our story.

Today, this post has been done to take you a little closer to what it feels like on your own graduation day. This may remind some of their past time while some may look forward to similar events in future.

I believe Convocation is one the biggest days that happens to a person other than marriage. The great deal about Graduation Day is the fact to mark your presence in the professional World. After graduation, a person feels more confident to face different personal and professional challenges of life.

My Graduation Day had taken place on 25th March 2015. Needless to say that the adrenaline was high. It was not just about me but everyone seemed to be captivated through graduation theme and many of whom also got carried away.



It is quite funny on how my day had started. I had to be excited but I was nervous. I wanted to scream and jump like rest of my friends but I was nervous. Although my parents had been proud of me and they were anxious to witness this day of mine, the scales seemed to rise up. The roller coaster of different sorts of emotions had started to pile up. The fact that I was graduating was overwhelming. In contrast, the fact of me not having the same fun as I used to have with my friends was quite scary. I was starting to feel old and as the time passed by, the moments that we all shared were clearly playing in my mind.

When I reached to NED, it was quite hot even at 9:30 A.M. After entering, I had greeted my friends while my parents sat at their places. After taking lots of pictures with friends, the ceremony started and we all got seated. Our teachers headed to the stage in the form of parade and we were quite surprised to see them in their graduation gowns as well.

The ceremony officially began with the recitation of Quran followed by National Anthem. The chief guests had arrived who inaugurated the day. After two rounds from different departments, my class was the next to head forward.

Our class was next to head to stage. Some of my friends were trembling while some were hugging each other. We got our respective degrees and we all headed back to our seats to make room for other departments. To say that it was really hot would be an understatement. By the time we got free, it was 11:30 A.M.

After that, we mingled along with parents and greeted them. Some of them had tears in their eyes while some of them were tossing their hats in happiness. To witness all sorts of emotions at this one platform, I am sure not to forget my Graduation Day.

I am thankful to all my teachers of NED for taking out the time and showing up every time to our classes due to which we all have been found eligible to graduate.
It is due to our teachers that we are who we are and we should always be thankful to them.
On behalf of all my fiends and student community, a little message to our teachers would be
"Thank You For Everything"

Follow me at twitter.com/nedian123 and like my Facebook fanpage facebook.com/za.blogs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mohummad Karim; Pakistan's ticket to Sochi Winter Olympics

 Who is Mohummad Karim? A question that has been buzzing all the way to International level. Mohummad Karim is a skier who will be participating in Sochi Winter Olympics in order to represent his nation,Pakistan.He has held the nation with immense pride. “I started skiing at the age of four years on wooden skis made by my uncle. Our schools were closed in the winter and skiing was the only way to spend our holidays,” he told. “We made skis ourselves and went skiing on local slopes, then later the air force organised a competition in which we learnt more and then started this profession.” he further  elaborates. Pakistan Airforce is responsible to hold such competitions to encourage winter games including skiing.This was the first recognition that was earned by Mohummad Karim. Mohummad Karim started competing in regional and continental competitions until his hardwork led him to Sochi Winter Olympics. “I was immensely happy that I was selected, especially because it is such

University Education in Pakistan VS Government !!!

So the tension has been created between Government Of Pakistan and the university education in Pakistan. Why? Because law has been passed by the government to keep the funding rights rather than providing it to HEC (Higher Education Commission) as before. Keeping in mind the corruption happening in Pakistan, the rising Education sector will be doomed. Not only scholarships and Internship Programs will be effected deeply but the authentication of degrees gained by the students either in Bachelors or Masters or Ph.D program will loose its worth nationally and Internationally.The salaries not to mention might not be paid. Its like playing with the future of Youth.... the pioneers. In reference to all this, protest was recorded by the teachers of the universities present in Pakistan from KPK,Punjab, Sindh and Balochistan including KU, NEDUET and other institutes on 11th February 2014. The teachers unanimously bycotted from teaching at the institutes in order to let the governmen

Everyday routine:Misleading Morning Shows

Our day starts in the morning.Morning shows are supposed to depict our everyday society such that one can learn from it for a better life.After the chores and work,Pakistani women and men take time to view morning shows either live or repeat in order to refresh themselves. But!Is this the right thing that we showcase of our society on our media??? There was a time about a decade ago, when morning shows started from recitation of the Holy Quran on PTV followed by informative segments rather than cheap publicity as where now  the time has come that dancing,vulgarity,exposure is thought to be reflection of our society.On the contrary, it isnt!! Organizing fake weddings such to reflect the non existent vulgar culture to attain high TRP's is such a shame for us all.The programs are viewed globally and showcasing such a culture where boy girl interaction,dressing,dancing and songs are motivated rather then the modesty taught in our religion. There came an era that the Morning sho